The North’s Premier Book Sales 2020
04-13 April CANCELLED
01-09 August CANCELLED
03-04 October CANCELLED
10am – 4pm each day in Pemberton Rooms on Palace Green (just near Durham Cathedral)15,000 high quality used and new books on every academic subject plus major sections for fiction, travel and adventure, art, music, hobbies, children’s books and many other topics. Attractive prices with many at only 50p. Please come and bring your friends.
Donations and support
The Trust hopes to offer two scholarships for a one-year taught Master’s Degree at Durham University, UK, starting in October 2021.
The Trust will also offer at least five IELTS fee scholarships in 2021 to candidates who can not afford to take an English Language test. For details click Apply for IELTS fee Scholarship.
You are eligible to apply for our 2021 Masters scholarships if you:
- have completed, before July 2020, a degree at a university in the West Bank or Gaza
- have achieved a cumulative average grading (GPA) of at least 80% (or 3.0 or B) in your first degree
- possess a certificate of English Language proficiency acceptable to the course you wish to study at Durham University. (see webpage List of Master’s Degree Courses and read faqs #7 and #8
- have submitted an online application for postgraduate study at Durham University and you have received EITHER an ‘unconditional offer’ of admission OR a ‘conditional offer’ and you are able to fulfil the conditions of that offer (e.g. obtain the required IELTS scores) before 30 March 2021
- have been active in student or community life
- live in the West Bank or Gaza and belong to a family that is normally resident in the West Bank or Gaza
- are unable to study abroad through the finances of your immediate family
- are able to live in the UK for 12 months as a single person.
You are NOT eligible to apply if you:
- have already taken a Master’s degree course, or
- have studied, except for short courses, at a university outside of the West Bank or Gaza.
Conditions of holding the scholarship
- You will return to the West Bank or Gaza at the end of your course.
- You will be an active ambassador for Palestinians during your stay in Durham.
- You will enrol on the free In-sessional Academic and Study Skills course Durham University beginning in October 2021 (for details click this link.)
- You give permission for the Trust to contact your Director of Studies at the end of each Term to ask for a report on your academic progress.
- When we offer you a scholarship, you tell us about any issues that could prevent you from taking up the scholarship on the criteria and conditions outlined above.
The scholarship comes in two parts:
- Durham University will award you a tuition fee scholarship.
- This Trust (which is a charity, independent of the University) will provide a maintenance scholarship for your accommodation, living expenses, travel to the UK and other necessary expenses, such as a UK visa.
How to apply
- Go to webpage Apply for Master’s Scholarship, read it carefully and download the application form (available from 01 December 2020)”
- Do not start to fill in the application form until you have read the Advice to Applicants webpage.
- You should also make an online application to Durham University as soon as possible after 01 January 2021. See FAQ #10 (https://www.dur.ac.uk/study/pg/apply/) for further information.
Your Application Form must be sent to us as an email attachment after 01 January 2021 and before 30 March 2021.
Your course is likely to start on 27 September 2021 and end about 09 September 2022 A few courses start earlier in September. However, before this there is an important Induction Week. The successful candidates should expect to travel to Durham on or about 24 September.